Questo sito utilizza cookies propri e di altri siti. Se vuoi saperne di più. Continuando la navigazione ne autorizzi l'uso.

Origins

The castle of Fagagna was likely built at the beginning of the 10th century to strengthen the simpler defensive fortifications constructed to contain the Hungarian invasions. The area – inhabited since the 1st century A.D. and, together with the parish church of Our Lady of the Assumption, dating back to the 5th-6th century, but also appearing in the chronicles in 1247 – was first cited in 983 in a list of castles donated by the Emperor Otto II to the church of Aquileia. 

The other castle, Villalta, was mentioned around 1216. References to the two hamlets Paludo and Borc di Piç – two centres of the free community established before 1420 – date back to 1364.