Gradisca d'Isonzo


Located halfway between Campiello Emo and Via Ciotti, this historic building, whose original nucleus dates back to the 15th-16th centuries, opens up for the visitor arriving from the Castle, the series of countless prestigious buildings in the historic city centre.

Small building, originally the Venetian "Casa del Fisco" (Tax Office) , found adequate enhancement by the first imperial captains of Gradisca, and in particular by Captain Giacomo d'Attems, who in 1568, at the conclusion of the expansion works, decided to make it the Magistrate Office and the District Captaincy. The building maintained this roles until 1769, when Empress Maria Theresa assigned it to the Fathers of the Order of the Servants of Mary, who made it their convent until 1810.

Purchased in 1845 by the Coassini family, the Palace housed a Military Court during the First World War and at the end of the conflict it was bequeathed to the Parish, which transformed it into a youth recreation facility, a use that the building has maintained ever since.

Altri punti di interesse di:
Ville, Palazzi, Monumenti