The Municipal Theatre
Built between 1660-1670 with the function of as a granary, in 1792 the building was transformed into a theatre. Once the walls were demolished, it enjoyed a larger space and increased its grandeur and its visibility. Severely damaged during the first conflict and almost reduced to a heap of ruins, it was rebuilt in 1923, with the addition of the original structure of the portico overlooking the square. Reopened in 1929, for years it played the role of centre of cultural life in Gradisca, until a long period of closure at the end of the last century.
Restored and refurbished, it was reopened to the public on 21 April 2009. It would take very long to mention the illustrious artists hosted by the Municipal Theatre in its centuries-old history. We mention only two, representative of different eras and genres: the actress Eleonora Duse and the singer Mina.