It was the residence of the noble families De Fin, first, and Patuna later, from which the palace takes its name. Several members of these families played an important role in Gradisca: Giulio de Fin (mid 17th-early 18th century), vice-captain of Francesco Ulderico della Torre; Valentino Patuna (1853-1913), archaeologist, and Ettore Patuna (1883-1964), his son, historian.
The palace was built in the eighteenth century in an almost Rococo style. The long façade is quite complex, composed of a central part, two symmetrical wings ending with two slightly raised bodies with a curved pediment. The central portion of the façade has a rectangular portal with volute capitals, above a balcony with French windows inscribed in an arched tympanum, a motif that is repeated in the curved cornice of the second floor, surmounted in turn by a triangular pediment and framed by two stone vases.
Hidden by a high wall, on the back of the building there is the Patuna garden, enriched by statues and valuable botanical species. A local legend has it that a special variety of rose is grown here, donated to the family by Napoleon Bonaparte, who, in 1797 during the Napoleonic campaign, stayed in the palace for one night.