It was the residence of the della Torre family, from which the palace takes its name, in the 17th and 18th centuries. Francesco Ulderico della Torre, captain of Gradisca lived here during his periods of stay in the city. Subsequently, in the 19th century it became the residence of the de Finetti family. In the twentieth century, it was used for the most varied functions: military headquarters, barracks, court, headquarters of various institutions and accommodations.
The building occupies almost an entire block and is configured as a suburban villa, with adjoining private chapel of the della Torre family. It is the result of the combination of three houses made in the 1600s, which in turn were previously derived from six houses based on the Venetian step measure(1.73 m). For this reason, the long main façade on Via Ciotti is not perfectly symmetric.
Completed in the first quarter of the 1700s, it has its fulcrum in the entrance portal framed by two ringed columns with a broken arch above. The central part features a small balcony and is concluded by a pediment - dominated by three top spires - with a six-pointed star.
The rear side on Via Bergamas, composed of two wings, is gathered around a central courtyard, once a garden. It is accessed through a high portal, surmounted by three top spires, featuring a wrought iron gate bearing the year 1705 and the coat of arms of the city. The loggia houses a staircase with two symmetrical flights that lead to the upper floors of the building.
Today it houses the Town Hall and the Regional Gallery of Contemporary Art "L. Spazzapan” (since 1977).